SILICONE MOLDS MULTIPLE ZC PUTTY 2528 (SET 1 kg)
PasteZC PUTTY 2528 2-component silicone paste (with base and catalyst). The slow catalyst is included in the set
Silicone system in the form of platumene paste, for mould production
Final Color: beige-yellowish
Suitable for repairs & renovations, arts. Art and restoration: recommended for accurate reproduction of vertical surfaces. Silicone does not flow down, is not sticky and adheres to itself: a new layer of silicone can be attached to the old one within 24 hours. The reproduction of details is very accurate. Some application examples are statues, picture frames, artwork, religious objects, wood decorations, artistic ceramics. Also, this silicone can be combined with the ZC 20-120 silicone as the craftsman can often make a 1st layer on an embossed surface with ZC 20-120 (having also added a thixotropic additive) and then to obtain the mould thickness, the next layers of silicone should be done with ZC 2528 or it is spread very easily by hand. However, for a perfect bond between the 2 different silicones, ZC 2528 must be applied within 24 hours of ZC 20-120 drying.
- Suitable for hobby constructions, small moulds
- Hardness: 30 shA
- Specific gravity: 1.37 g/cc
Tensile strength: 0.9 ± 0.1 N/mm2
- Elongation: 200 ± 20 %
Dimensional variation after 5 days at 23 ° C : < 0.57 %
Ratio "Slow" Catalyst ZCAT 2528: 4% by weight for addition to silicone. Stir vigorously until you get a uniform colour. The working time of the product is about 1 hour and 30 'at 23 ° C / 50% humidity (ideal condition). Unmolding of the silicone is possible after 8 hours. Full mechanical properties and hardness will be achieved after 24 hours of mixing. If the user needs to weld a new putty layer to an old one after 24 hours of curing, check the information on the last page of this TDS.
- Excellent anti-stick effect.
- Final cure at room temperature
- High humidity and/or an overdose of catalysts will accelerate curing.
- Low humidity and/or low catalyst dosage will slow curing.
- Close the catalyst tube carefully after use.
- In case the compatibility with the reproduction object is not known, we suggest to perform a test with a small amount of material, so as not to jeopardize the final work.